Wednesday Influences: "I Want You To Want Me" by Cheap Trick


"I want you... to want... me" I think I could still recite that in perfect time with Robin Zander. This song captured my ear and excited me like few other songs had. I bought the single at KMart and put it on the record player that belonged to my family but I had a tendency to hog it and keep it in my bedroom. I flipped it over to hear "This one I'm sure you all know" while introducing "Clock Strikes Ten." Being neither Japanese nor from the Midwest, I didn't know it. But soon enough the flipside was getting as much play as the A-side. Naturally, the next step was to save up enough allowance to go out and buy the whole Cheap Trick at Budokan album. I found myself spending much time after I was supposed to have gone to bed, laying on the floor with the volume on the record play turned way down low and listening to Budokan while I should have been sleeping. Budokan was definitely the album that made me want to pick up a guitar and play rock and roll!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song of the week: Rock My World

Welcome to my new site