Wednesday Influences: "Jet" by Paul McCartney and WIngs


When I was in kindergarten, I would get home from school and watch the Bozo the Clown Show (from Washington, DC). They had a regular feature where kids could draw pictures and mail them in to the show and then someday they would be put on a wall and the camera would pan over them while music played. I had been on a roll where I was drawing pictures of mountain lions (?) in a little valley. My family had probably seen more than a few of these pictures. I excitedly sent one of this series of great works of art in. One day, as I got home from school, I heard my sister call out that my picture was on screen right as I walked in the door. Alas, by the time I got up to the living room (up a measly half flight of stairs), the camera had panned away. But, I distinctly remember the song playing that day. "Jet" by Paul McCartney and Wings instantly became my favorite song and kindled a lifelong love for music.

A few years later, I realized Paul McCartney had been in some other band before Wings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song of the week: Rock My World

Welcome to my new site