Song of the week: You Are My Refuge

 

"You Are My Refuge" was the final song on my 2000 CD Listen. It was written a few years prior (probably 1996) on a Saturday afternoon when I sat on the floor of the dining room of my apartment with the sunlight streaming in the windows with a guitar in my hands and my Bible open before me. The lyrics are inspired by Psalm 62. This song was sung both in youth group worship times as well as on Sunday mornings when I was the worship leader at my old church.

My soul finds rest in You alone
My salvation comes from You
You alone are my Rock
You are my fortress, I will not be shaken

I will trust in You, forevermore
I will pour my heart out to You
You are my refuge

One curious thing about "You Are My Refuge" that I wanted to share (for God's glory, of course), thanks probably to some automated playlist generator on Spotify, for about a week or so soon after its digital release, "You Are My Refuge" was getting over 100 streams a day... in Indonesia! I certainly didn't have much to do with that beyond releasing the song. If God wants to use my offering to bless believers halfway around the world, let Him be praised!

You can listen to it at the following links:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song of the week: Rock My World

Welcome to my new site